Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 April 2020

A Look Into the Past Part 2-Looking Glass

I know what you are thinking: "Looking Glass was the Fleetway character project, wasn't it?"

If I'm going to be honest with myself I doubt you are thinking that -unless you've read past posts or are on the Face Book group?

Anyway, Looking Glass was a project for Marvel UK that disappeared up some editor's bottom. I then used the title for this series, written in the early 1990s and guess what? I know who the artist is!

I always insisted that artists do the simplest thing so they got credit and their pages could be easily identified (at one time I got between 30-70 art packages a week). Only two artists ever bothered. No name on this art but I have my synopsis with the artist's name -Simon Russell.

I cannot remember whether it was Fantagraphics or another US Indie publisher but the series was grabbed and...guess what? Yep, the artist vanished without trace and left me in the lurch. I loved the art style and the characters came out even more eccentrically than I thought they could.

Basically, childrens author "Tez" is not having a good time and is rather startled when his own reflection gets "shirty" with him. Our hero (in the loosest term) finds himself in a mirror world...he hopes. If it is not an insane mirror dimension then our lad has truly lost his marbles.





No comments:

Post a Comment