Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 August 2020

Oh yes -and update!

As of last night (Friday) I have lettered 64pp of the Green Skies Vol. 3 Part III.  I stopped at around 21:15 hrs as I had a pain in the eye -eye strain again.  So I am taking the weekend off to give the eyes some chance of recovery. On average it has been lettering 20-21pp each day from artound Mid-day until very late.

With the PC problems I want to finish all of the Green Skies pages as soon as is possible. Unlike, it seems, bigger publishers, I will not publish anything until it is complete.

This has meant that I have delayed Comic Bits No. 3. "Delayed" is a bit of a joke since I tend to publish well ahead and No. 2 was the August issue. Once Green Skies ios done with and I have the "Knock your eyes out" covers for them I will get on to Comic Bits -which, since seeing that it is the only magazine dedicated to the Diamond, Golden, Silver Ages of British comics as well as Penny Dreadfuls, appears to be getting more attention from outside the UK with sales from Canada and the USA.
Go figure.

One thing that I notice in doing the Green Skies lettering is that I am updating dialogue and thattends to alter the story from what was planned. One character says "zombies in the 1940s maybe -but this is 2015!"  As the book was originally due out in June 2014, as with most strips, I set them a year ahead. Five years in the past was a bit much -though mentions of "the virus" were well ahead of its time. As most dialogue was pencilled in (if I could be bothered) there is no problem in changing it.  I've found adding to it fun but then there are the rather grim pages...should they be emotionally draining?

I know how the story -stories- end but there have been "tweaks" and the odd bridging page added. Throughout, however, I stick to the golden rule that if you die in a Black Tower comic you are dead. No reboots. No "That was a duplicate/android/clone not me!".  And characters are "going" -some have been with me since the 1960s and it was a wrench but I do not plan out a story -I draw what comes to mind and, yes, I do sit there and say "He dies?!??"

Black Tower Super Heroes No. 8 which leads into the Green Skies needs one strip, Captain Cosmic, and then it is ready. No. 7 should be out in late August/early September so a month or so before its original scheduling.

But I won't be resting too long. Part one of The Ultimate Game is fully drawn and part 2 is partially drawn. Not sure whether that will be a book formate or, as planned at the moment, six separate books.

As some of the consequences from the proposed story have already been shown it means Enfants Perdus will need to be drawn.  And I am not wasting 111 pp of work so I will be making alterations to Looking Glass so it can be published after over 20 years.

I do not think I'll be starting any new projects that can wait 30+ years to be concluided, though!

There you are -an update!

In the meantime, perhaps you might consider visiting the Black Tower online store -lots of goodies there!

No comments:

Post a Comment