I was asked why I just draw super heroes? I do not just draw super heroes and if you ask that question you are wasting mine and your time.
Since the early 1980s I have written science fiction, detective noir, romance, monster and horror scripts. I have drawn most of those and so super heroes are not all I draw. In my comics I have had people say they burst out laughing at some pretty silly gag. Others have quite literally called me a liar when I say that 111pp of The Looking Glass, 300+pp of Return of the Gods and more than 300pp of the Green Skies were not scripted. People have seen me (rather disturbed me) while I was drawing some of the pages and no script. "How can you have so many twists and turns in plots without planning it out?"
Easy: I manage it by having no rigid script!
Scripts I tend to use only for others. The Marvel UK, Fleetway, Egmont work for instance because I was not going to be doing the artwork.
I previously listed how to get your brain thinking about stories from mundane things. It is possible and good training -as is writing prose books and I've published 12(?) so far since 2010.
Now, I need to finish art chores on a book since I can't get any artists to work for experience!

No comments:
Post a Comment