Total Pageviews

Thursday 6 May 2021

The Red Planet Got To Earth Before Earth Got To It....Scientifically that is a fact

 


Back in the 1970s when I had dreams of becoming a comics publisher ("had" dreams? But I am publishing...just not making money 😂😂) I spent good money on a numbver of "acquisitions" that I had big plans for. I was young. I got ripped off.  

The first was Magazine Enterprises Captain Marvel or "Captain M" because I loved the character when I first saw it in the 1960s and Myrn Fass kept calling me "kid" and...got my money!  Another was Marty the Man from Mars (I had no idea at the time that he was Public domain and that's why I later kicked myself for throwing away money. Hey, young and stupid. 

So Captain M appeared in Return of the Gods: Twilight of the Super Heroes in which he sustained "major injuries" and then appeared in Black Tower Super Heroes 8 (a cameo) in Any Old Iron (Boy)?  While Marty had an original 1950s strip printed in Black Tower Gold and may have paid the ultimate price as he raced back to Mars to warn then of an oncoming attack in The Green Skies.

However, Dennis H. Wilberton and Jo Long presented the idea of returning Marty as a one off fun comic. Ben Dilworth persuaded me that it would be a good idea and so...why not? As yet, the comic has not been scheduled as there are already 179 at the online store and several waiting to be published.  Will Marty see print in 2021 or 2022? No idea but....



No comments:

Post a Comment