Total Pageviews

Friday 13 December 2019

An Update With Art

If you follow Black Tower's Face Book page you might have seen this already but I realised the blog was not updated since June. As I've been fighting (still am) to keep Black Tower going blogging has not been at the top of my mind.  Apart from moral support being a boost (I'm still waiting!) the idea of Patreon, GoFundMe and all those other things have popped up, been done, received absolutely zero support and I moved on and just left the PayPalMe donation box up -checking earlier it was full of dust!
I've worked from early morning to 0100-0200 hrs on Twitter, Pinterest and any other type ofd social media to try to get sales.  Don't ask how that went.  Still over 40 k views here...no sales though.
Anyway, apart from promoting the books daily using a rapidly breaking down laptop -same effect of no sales I can't afford a second user one either -please: don't cry!!!- I got to work on the Enforcers strip from the 1990s.In fact, it might have been late 1980s as I have a photo of me somewhere working on it -I had such lush thick hair (now I'll cry!).
Looking at the art by another artist I realised the flaws. I sent him the page breakdown art and script but rather than redraw he inked over my pencils! That, unless you really know what you are doing can be a mistake.
Here are some of the original drawn pages 








All art (c)2019 Terry Hooper-Scharf

I was going to run with the original ten pages and draw pp 11-25 but realised it would not work so redrew 1-10 and played with layout and ended up with around 25pp in total which will be part 1 of The Cosmic Cross Over aka The Ultimate Game.
NOT finished art as I need to add finishing touches but these are my redraws.






All art (c)2019 Terry Hooper-Scharf

Working on something without a PC the lettering and editing as well as publishing just are not going to happen soon!

Keep up-to-date on the Black Tower Comics and Books Face Book page and any questions please ask there or in comments here.
Stay young and beautiful....and send me money or buy books and I'll keep complimenting you!
Cheers!

oh....paying publishers can ALWAYS contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment