Total Pageviews

Friday 13 December 2019

Early Christmas Word

Posted on the Black Tower Face Book page:



I have written a good few times now, in detail here as well as on CBO and the Black Tower blog, how many people visit and view posts about Black Tower Books -couple hundred a day here alone- as well as the fact that those items have been viewed a couple million times since 2011.
But no one buys. So why visit this page every day?
Why click on every post about a BT title?
Black Tower Comics and Books via CBO alone has a world wide audience (even someone in the Sahara and Antarctic!!).
But no one buys the books -there are over a hundred covering various genres, graphic novels, comic albums and so on over at the online store.
Black Tower went through the "Can it continue" barrier a good while back. What does get sold won't even be considered a living income by HM Tax and Revenue and books sold in the US get taxed by the Revenue Service heavily (I'm a foreigner selling in the US).
To be honest I think it is clear that no one is really bothered other than me. PayPalMe box on CBO...covered in internet dust. I've tried it all and even GoFundMe -all zero responses. So how about all of those on my Face Book and online screaming that we MUST support independent creators (do they mean just themselves?).
As it stands I have closed blogs and FB pages as I might as well just be talking to myself -people are reading but giving no feedback.
Black Tower IS my only income and at the moment it looks as though 2020 will see it vanish.
Selling books -VERY lightly priced, too- is the only route to survival so when you get the time please check out the online store. And I type that knowing it goes to blind eyes.
Nothing else I guess you have to keep on pushing the dead horse.
THAT is my Christmas speech for 2019. 
Luckily I don't do Christmas and the laptop will keep me off the internet for a good while....

No comments:

Post a Comment