Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 March 2020

Classic Fun Comics

Hopefully, by the end of this week, I will be holding copies of Black Tower Super Heroes 2 & 3 and I'll be able to see if things are suitable to put on sale.

If the production is okay then I can have a look at other projects.  One of these is to re-launch the Classic Fun Comics.  These  were originally A5 (Digest) sized comics that I published in 2004 -Come On Steve and Classic Western Action


There is plenty of material but the question is whether to use the A5 format or the standard Black Tower comics album format of A4?  Quality of reproduction is no problem but in my mind the A4 format is best since the buyer gets to see full-size art.  At the moment A4 is what I am thinking of going with.

The next question concerns the cover.  Black Tower comics using Premium stock for the covers which means almost a card-like quality glossy paper-stock. I had given some thought to using paper-stock similar to the interiors which is still a good quality, however, if you are going to buy a book you want a quality product with a sturdy cover that protects the interior.

Which means that I am not going cheap to make a fast buck.  Buyer gives his/her money then they should expect better than cheapo!

As for contents. Black Tower Super Heroes, following on from Black Tower Adventure (volume 2 ended with the 10th issue), would be the last planned anthology title with strips broken up into parts. I want to make Classic Fun Comics a self contained title so vol. 1 will have no "to be continued" strips. Themes? I think contents should run with a theme so one would reproduce all humour strips while another classic Western strips and the next focussed on, say, a particular action character.

Everything depends on how things go so this is just a "few thoughts" to let anyone interested know.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment