Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 September 2020

I need a new POD

Having to retire a book because of the Print on Demand (POD) company and its pown incompetence is not good. I have been with Lulu.com since 2009 and the problems come in waves. Books with source files that are the correct format/size rejected, covers with the newer system being rejected and to be honest the 5 minute process of cover creation with the old system now takes 2-3 hours because the company rejects its own standard size cover templates.

Readers do not and should not be affected by this -I'm the one gets all the stress!

With the current POD you upload and publish your files onto a free online store. That's it. Once ordered a copy is printed and shipped out. The POD takes its cut (which it does not deserve in this case) and the printer theirs. Simple. Or it should be.

I started with the current POD in 2009 and to be honest if anyone out there knows a POD offering the same deal I wou;ld be seriously looking at it so if you do know of one let me know, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment