Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 January 2020

It's Saturday

The question some may be asking -probably 99.9% of you are not- is why post pages that are not edited and print ready?

Simple answer: copyright theft is rampant on the internet as is stealing art for merchandise use. I just had to close down two web sites offering illegal downloads of my non Black Tower work: copyright theft (even if you run a site and disclaim all responsibility for what is uploaded- is a criminal act and comes under various agencies to tackle -FBI, police etc. Oh and I always give the sites in question the option of paying £1/$1 per download for continued use.  Being thieves of course they would sooner close down and move to another site.

I have also caught two people trying to use the Maakika art on t-shirts (how common) and using the excuse "I'm only trying to make the money to pay the rent" -theft is theft and if you do not have any artistic talent or abilities of your own and need to pay the bills -get a job.

The idea of the pages shown on this blog is to show the characters etc you will find in Black Tower. I always give the highest recommendation to work by Ben Dilworth, John Erasmus and Tom Elmes though there are other artists work. A lot of cover and other art can be found in the Photos section of the Black Tower Comics & Books Face Book page.

All I need for 2020 is for people to start buying my books and not try to steal them!

No comments:

Post a Comment