Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 February 2020

I Have made Rs450!!! No, really.

Interestingly I just checked my Indian print on demand company, Pothi.com, to see what's been going on there and I see I have earned RS 450 which is ...£4,84.  Unfortunately, to try to make the books affordable in India I lowered the price so much that it took a lot of sales to get the £4.84.

One thing I came across was people telling me they would buy if I lowered the prices even more -which was impossible since the printers HAVE to be paid!  I flatly refused to make PDF copies of books downloadable because I ran the Yahoo IdoPakBang comics group for years as well as did business with India publishers and a pdf sent to even 'trusted' sources ended up distributed through online groups (I caught on when the links were shared on my IndoPakBang group).

I also read how some of these people were complaining about the prices of my books (they were literally free!) while talking about spending RS1000 (that's £10) plus on other books "out of curiosity"!

Two books of mine that were bought were scanned and uploaded to illegal download sites and last time I checked (4 years ago) had reached over a million downloads -getting the point why I HATE illegal scanners and uploaders/downloaders? I have lost thousands through this. 

As this was beyond Pothi to deal with I just decided to cut my losses and later involvement with Indian publishers saw me scream "Never again India!!"

A pity since Indian publishers could quite easily jump into the UK non existent comics market and do well. 4.84283

No comments:

Post a Comment