Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 February 2020

The Phantom....Yes, THE Phantom!

"We're going to publish a new Phantom comic -can you write and draw some strips?"
That's what I was asked over the phone and my answer was "yes". Fan on the Phantom so no problem. If I remember it was later stated that they had no intention of publishing original material but it was to show bosses there was interest.
This was at the end of 1992 and I have no idea whether it was Wolf Publishing (I believe their backers were Redan), which published Finnish (?) reprints and British material. There was another potential publisher but things were pretty weird with licensing.

I have one rough page from the sampler the person asked for and the rest were never returned (at that point if a publisher wanted pages they had to wait for me to get copies as few ever returned original art). 4th March 1992 date at the bottom.
I am checking the post but no sign of my originals yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment