Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 February 2020

Just To Make It Clear

It seems that I am not the only person getting this Lulu crap so I just sent them this:

I am afraid that after 11 years of this nonsense from Lulu I am no longer going to publish new books through it.

In 2018 I published Strange and Mysterious Animals and Mysterious and Strange Animals (same book different formats) and I was told by potential buyers that "Ships only from North America" put them off due to huge international postage rates. Apparently that was a Lulu system error and I was promised once...twice...thrice that techs would sort the problem out. They never have.

Over 10 years ago I decided to use a POD in India as Lulu said it had no printers there. I did make an error in uploading an unedited file with three pages at the wrong size. The company got in touch and pointed this out to me...as well as the fact that they simply auto-corrected the document. That was India 10 years ago and they could do something Lulu cannot do in 2020.

I printed out my pages with the printer set to the specific file size. Printed perfectly. I have not changed one thing in creating a PDF since 2009 and I always double and triple check pages and documents. I have had two other people check the PDF involved and they can find no problems.

I have had books miss-printed -pages missing, VERY poor quality printing making things hard to read or resulting in very poor image reproduction and each time I have to wait until it gets sorted but my PDFs are fine.

Maybe when Lulu upgrades to a 21st century compatible system I might think of re-using them but enough is enough -and I am fed up with the document creator being blamed (I know a few publishers who use Lulu and they have had the same thing).

I thank you for your assistance but Lulu needs to seriously upgrade.

T. Hooper-Scharf

No comments:

Post a Comment